Junior High Performance Program
Train, Learn and Connect in Pursuit of our Goal of “Always on the Podium”
The US Squash Junior High Performance Program (“Junior HPP”) brings together the best junior players in the U.S. to train at the Arlen Specter US Squash Center under the guidance of the US Squash National Coaches and Team USA support staff, leveraging all of the unique resources of the Specter Center.
The program will elevate the standard of play of juniors hoping to represent Team USA, build a sense of camaraderie as we work towards a common goal in a supportive team environment, and place junior players alongside top U.S. professionals currently representing the nation on the international stage.
Who is it for?
Invitations to each training session will be granted to U.S. citizens who are:
- Ranked in the top 12 of the U19 points-based rankings at the ranking selection date for each session
- U19 players must be age-eligible to compete in the 2023 Junior World Championships
- Ranked in the top 6 of the U17 and U15 points-based rankings at the ranking selection date for each session
- US Squash National Coaches will award an additional 2 discretionary positions in the U15 and U17 divisions (2 girls and 2 boys in each division)
- Player rating, prior rankings and head-to-head match results will be used to aid determination of discretionary positions
If a player selected based on the above criteria is unavailable or otherwise declines a position, the next player in the rankings will be invited. With the exception of the discretionary positions, these additional invitations will only be extended to players up to and including those ranked 24 or higher in the U19 division, or 10 or higher in the U17 and U15 divisions.
Dates, Times and Locations
All sessions will be held at the Arlen Specter US Squash Center in Philadelphia.
Arrival: 6:00pm Friday
Departure: 1:00pm Sunday
|Session Date||Ranking Selection Date|
|October 28-30, 2022||September 21, 2022|
|December 2-4, 2022||November 2, 2022|
|January 20-22, 2023||December 21, 2022|
|May 19-21, 2023||March 22, 2023|
*Players will receive initial invitations on the Friday after each ranking selection date.
- Ong Beng Hee, US Squash Ganek Family Head National Coach
- Scott Devoy, US Squash Head National Junior Women’s Coach
- Luke Butterworth, US Squash Head National Junior Men’s Coach
US Squash will underwrite portions of the costs relative to the training sessions and Specter Center. Players are responsible for hard costs related to accommodation, meals, coaching and apparel; US Squash will communicate full costs of the program to invited players. Players are responsible for their own travel to and from Philadelphia and the Specter Center.
For more information, please email email@example.com